Trade Evolution has long been an iconic mechanic in the main Pokémon series. We are excited to adapt this feature to Pokémon GO!
Trading certain Pokémon will result in no Candy cost to evolve them. More Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region are also coming to Pokémon GO—and some of them will benefit from the addition of trade Evolution, too.
- How it works: Trade an eligible Pokémon to lower the Candy cost to evolve them.
- Which Pokémon can gain Evolution benefits from trading? Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter are some Pokémon that can now benefit from trade Evolution. If you received one of these Pokémon in a trade in the past—congratulations! That Pokémon will retroactively qualify for no Candy cost when you evolve it.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region that benefit from trade Evolution: Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet are now appearing in Pokémon GO and will be eligible for trade Evolution benefits. And remember, Trainers: Boldore’s and Gurdurr’s Evolutions, Gigalith and Conkeldurr, might be powerful Pokémon to have in your battle parties!
Even more Pokémon coming to the world of Pokémon GO!
In addition to Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet, we have an exciting cast of more Pokémon that will be appearing in the wild, in raids, and in Eggs soon.
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more.
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
- 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
- 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
- Pokémon appearing in raids: Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
- Pokémon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
Do you have a favorite trade Evolution? Which Pokémon originally found in the Unova region are you most excited to encounter? Let us know on social media with #PokemonGO! C’mon, Trainers—let’s GO on this Unova-themed voyage together!